Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Congratulations, and welcome to the family

There is no greater joy in the world than seeing it through the eyes of a child. My cousin Amy, her husband Nate, and their son Kaden yesterday experienced a wonderful joy. They had a big, beautiful, HEALTHY, baby boy. I just wanted to extend my congratulations to them, wish them all the best. They deserve it. Welcome to the family Brody Jace Boeckman. Know that you have the love of two of the greatest parents that I have the joy of calling family.

To tell you a little about Amy and Nate. They have had a lot happen in their family. In summary, they became pregnant first with Kaden. Kaden is a very special little boy. He is one of the sweetest, kindest and most loving little man that I have ever met. While he is still a child, he has inspired so many to push beyond anything they thought that they could not face, and do it with a smile. You see, Kaden was born with a problem, many that children do not live through. He has a hernia in his diaphram. His parent were told several times that he may not make it, but Kaden is one determined little man. He has shown that with love, determination, and strength, you can accomplish anything, for this living, breathing miracle is now 4 year old. He has beaten odds that most of us would give up on, and has become my inspiration. When I get to thinking that it is just too hard, I look at the picture that I have of him, hit myself in the head for complaining, and truck on. That is his power. He makes all of us see the joy of living.

A little over a year ago, a repeat happened, but this one did not turn out so well. Nate and Amy gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Ava. Unfortunately, she did not make it, but again proved the power of the spirit. She fought for several months, and passed away this last May. And while she will always be missed, she gave us all the gift of seeing life as it is. A precious minute, a precious hour, a precious day, every day that you have. She is a constant reminder to her family, friends, and all who knew her that life can be brief, so you have to do the best to enjoy each day to the fullest. She is another of my inspirations, and I know that this little angel is looking out for her big brother, her parents, and now her new brother with a smile on her face that would light up the room when others saw it. I unfortunately was unable to meet her while she was living, but through her pictures, I was able to see just how special she truely is. There will never be a was with her, because she lives on in their hearts.

While suffering over the loss of their baby girl, Nate and Amy unexpectadly conceived again. This time, they have a happy, healthy, robust baby boy. I am so happy for you guys. I can not think of more deserving parents of the children that you have. They are extremely lucky to have you. Congratulations from ALL of us in Oklahoma.

P.S. Amy, I have told many of my coworkers about you and your amazing family, and they all wanted me to tell you a hearty, CONGRATS. Know that you are blessed, loved, and never alone.

Love Always,

Gary, Tabby, Alyssa and Sierra

2 comments:

Rachel Dominguez said...

I dont come here often, but I did today when I saw the title of your post. I am a great friend of Amy's through the blogging world only. I have never had the pleasure of meeting Nate, Amy or the kids in person...YET...but I do live near them and hope to one day meet in person.

I just wanted to comment here and tell you that this post was very beautifully written and Amy is lucky to have family like you that care so much.

Rachel (Lee's Summit, MO)
lovefor9.blogspot.com
luvfor9@gmail.com

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Thank you Tabby for the post. It means a lot. I finally posted pictures of Brody, so you'll have to check them out when you have time.

Sorry I never called you back today. It's been a long one.

Amy