Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sierra's Health

OK, I know in my last post, I mentioned that Sierra is having a few issues.

The problem with her head is that she has hyper-tension in her neck causing her to consistently tilt her head to one side. This has caused her to have a flat spot that is worrying her nurse that is provided by Sooner Start. The nurse brought us a physical therapist to show us some exercises to try to loosen the muscle so the spot would eventually disappear. If this does not work, then she will have to be in a special helmet that will reshape her skull to a form that will not hinder her brain development.

She has another potential problem as well. Sierra did not gain enough weight this last month. In fact, she only gained 12 oz, and she should have gained more than that. She is under the 5Th percentile for her height to weight, and her age. She is going to be seen by a pediatrician tomorrow to see if it is a serious problem. If it is, she may have to have a GI tube put in to help her gain more weight. I hope she does not.

Anyway, that is a update, and I should hopefully know more tomorrow. I will let you all know.

Sierra, I love you very much, I know that you can pull through these just as well as you have through the previous issues that you have faced. Your sister and you are strong, beautiful girls that can accomplish anything you put your minds too. Mommy and Daddy love you very much. Hang in there, and keep fighting. I am praying that none of these problems really exist for you.
We love you very much,
Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

I know that hearing in news that is not in favor of your baby is horrible. Just remember that if she needs these things, it is to help her and eventually she can hopefully get rid of them.

About the song. I actually had already heard it and it reminds me so much of Ava. I put it on our blog not too long ago. Whenever I hear it I get goosebumps.

Well, talk to you soon. Take care and try not to stress too much about things you have no control over.

Amy

Unknown said...

just remember that if there are any problems it is better to face them from the beginning because that gives you more to be thankful they are over with later and it is easier on the girls while they are young rather then once they are older.

Keep hanging in there! You will look back in several years and laugh, knowing it was tough and you got through it.