Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Update and Photos from Christmas

I know that it has been a while. It seems that since lately I can not find time to even think. I just wanted to give a few photos and an update.

Alyssa and Sierra are now both walking. It is exciting for me to see. Especially Sierra, since if we had not got her feet corrected, she would not be walking now. I am very pleased that she is. It is still more of a toddle, but it is definately a start.

Also, she has gained weight again, and is now 18 pounds 5 ounces.

Alyssa is also doing well. She has been graduated out of the Sooner Start program as she is up to speed developmentally with most children her age. She is 20 pounds, which while it is still little, she is no longer drastically under weight.

This past year with the program has done wonders. I know that they would not have made all of this progress unless I had been able to stay home. I was not able to do so, so I am thankful every day that this program was available to us and has done wonders for our family. I can not begin to say thank you for the help that has been given, and for everyone's support. We have a few more hurdles to overcome with Sierra.

We still do not know if Sierra has a permanent problem with her nerves or not. This we still have to wait until April to find out. Also, she is holding down more of her food and is making progress every two weeks with her weight. We have to go see her foot doctor soon, so I keep praying for good new there as well. Only time is going to tell any problems she may have, but I hope she always knows that Gary and I love her with all of our hearts. We will just keep doing what we are as it does seem to work for her.

Anyway, without further ado, here are the photos from Christmas. Enjoy, and thank you for your support and prayers for our children. I truely believe in the power of prayer. I wish each and everyone of you the best of luck for this new year. May God bless and keep each one of you. May God look after every child, and help the people in Haiti recover from the distruction of the quake.

(Above) Sierra just loves to open presents. I think it is more tearing paper.

(Below) Sierra shows off one of may Berienstein Bear books. "No sister, it's MINE"

(Above) Alyssa and Sierra look at the pictures in more books. They got a total of 15 Bear books, as well as many other types of books too.

(Below) Alyssa at first was not sure what to do, but it did not take long for her to catch on.

(Above) Alyssa in her play pen with her new toy, a My Pal Violet(r) by LeapFrog. They love this toy, and it is eductional. I know she is going to hate this picture in about 14 to 15 years, but you have to have one of these types don't you. Look at that face! :)

No comments: