Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hubby tag

I saw this on Kaden and Angel Ava's website. I agree with you Amy, this is a great way to show our love for our husbands.


Here is my Handsome Husband




1. Full Name: I really rather not give it all, but his name is Gary.

2. How long we have been married: We just celebrated our 3rd anniversary in September.

3. How long did we date: 3 years

4. Who eats the sweets: I am the major sweet eater, but Gary will eat them on special occasions, and cookies occasionally.

5.Who said "I Love You" first: That would be me. I did not mean for it to come out, but it did in a phone message. I told him that I would meet him somewhere, then ended it with I Love You. I did not even realize that I said it until he told me. How silly is that.

6. Who's Taller: Uhh...Duh that would be Gary. I am so short. He pretty much towers over me at close to 6 feet, and I am only 5'2.

7. Who sings better: That one is me. I love to hear him sing as he does not do it very often, but he tells me all the time that I am the better singer.

8. Who is smarter: That depends. I believe there is all kinds of smarts. Gary is definately common sense smart, and I am book smart.

9. Who does the laundry: Right now, both of us. But mostly, it is Gary. I lucked out there.

10. Who pays the bills: This would also be Gary. He is better with personal finance, or should I say more anal about it. He stays on top of things like that. Kind of funny considering that I am studying to be an accountant.

11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed: This use to be me, but we now have the playpen in our room for our daughters, and it can only be on the Left side as that is the only place we have room, so we have switched.

12. Who moes the lawn: This is also Gary. I was never taught how to do this obscure chore, even though I love the smell of fresh cut grass. Go fig.

13. Who cooks dinner: This is me!!! Gary does the dishes, most of the time, after.

14. Who drives: Most of the time this is Gary. I get really sleepy on long car trips and have dozed at the wheel, so it is much safer for Gary to drive. Now if I could just get him to slow down a little. :)

15. Who admits when they are wrong: This would be both of us, but usually Gary first.

16. Who asked who out first: We both kind of did. We met through a dating service, and he was charged with calling me up. We talked for hours before he said "What the h***", and I said immediatly after "lets meet up". We met at the mall close to where I lived at the time, and the rest is as you can say, history.

17. Who wears the pants: I have a funny saying about this. It is that he can wear the pants just as long as he remembers who washed them (being me on a nice day). We have a role reversal in our house, and I usually get my way, but Gary does as well when it is important. Most of the time we compromise.

18. What does he do that surprises you: I have never had anyone just be there for me. It sounds lame, but even when we are arguing, I know that he is just trying to figure out how to stand with me. He does the housework, or most of it, and he brags about me going to school and completing my degree. He encourages me to succeed, and he is there in a hundred little ways, but occasionally misses the big ones. I would say that it is not what he does that surprises me, but simply who he is.

19. What is your favorite feature on him: I would say his eyes. It is what first got me. When he is talking to me or looking at me, you can see the world in them, and I am the center of it. Now, it is me and his daughter that are. Just look at the picture above and you can see what I am talking about. He focuses in on what he sees, and that is it for him.

20.What is your favorite quality he has: He is an awesome listener. This is what will make him a great dad when the girls get old enough to talk.

21. Does he have a nickname for you: Just the usual ones.

22. What is his favorite food: This is so easy, he is my spaghetti man.

23. What is his favorite sport: He loves to watch football and basketball, but he only plays videogames.

24. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple: We like to watch movies and play on the Wii together. I am sure this is going to change when the girls get older though. It is nice that the simple things is what we most enjoy though.

25. Does he have any hidden talents: His ability to take things in stride and continue to push on no matter what. I would have to say that is one h*** of a talent.

26. What do you admire most about him: His ability to listen. I know this seems silly, but it is an excellent quality that I think is missing in many people. Myself included.

27. What is his favorite color: blue or green

28. How did he propose: Ok, this is odd and it seemed to be horrible to me at the time. I was with him when he purchased the ring. I got tired of waiting for him to find the "right" time as he said, so I set the scene for him. I took him out to the most romantic italian restaurant in the city, named Belini's, then brought him home for a carpet picnic of chocolate covered strawberries (that I made myself), and sparkling white grape juice. I had candles lit on the floor around the blanket that we used. We were just laying there then he told me that he did not want to be my boyfriend anymore. I asked him what, he repeated, then I said I got that and was wondering what he ment, he repeated again. I got angry and asked him when he wanted me to move out then. He said, no, you don't get it, I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore. I said I get it, well, I yelled it. He then said, I want to be more, will you marry me. It is starting to seem funny and special now, but at the time I was really mad, and said yes you idiot. ( I don't really think that he is an idiot, but I was really mad, what can I say?)

I love you so much sweetheart. The best decision I ever made was to say yes to you. I am proud of our lives and love you more than anything. Our daughters have a GREAT father.