Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sick Angels

My girls have been sick lately, and I have to say it is not fun. First, Alyssa was coughing so horribly that, after a week of it not changing, I took her to the doctor fearing the worst. It wound up being a viral infection in her bronchial tubes that took her almost 3 weeks to get over. She is finally doing ok, but after we took her to the doctor, I wound up having to go. I have the same thing and am just now getting over it. It is not fun, and add on top of that I have bronchial asthma, so I always fear when I get sick in my bronchial tubes because it SO dangerous for me.

I guess I am just a mom, because everytime that I see my daughter's cough I fear that they are going to develop it, or that they have it and I just don't know. It seems silly to some, but I have to go about 2 to 3 times a year to the emergency room just for treatment because I can not breathe and I do not want my daughters to have to go through it too.

Well, needless to say, I am getting better, but now Sierra has it. It scares me the most with her because when she was born she had problems with her lungs. Poor kid has had the most problems out of our two. Her lungs would not fully inflate when she was born, she had club feet, she has problems holding down food to the point that she looses interest in eating afterwards. And now, she gets what her sister had, making me stir crazy because I can tell she is miserable.

Unfortuately with this going on, they both just want me. Now that Alyssa is over it, she is fine with her daddy, but Sierra fusses non-stop due to her coughing and not feeling well. Gary, of course, never did have much patience, so I have to be up all night calming her and that leaves me with little sleep. I am so tired.

SoonerStart is going to come by the house to look in on the girls on Monday. They try to come once a month to check up and see how they are doing. Alyssa is doing so well she may not need it much longer, but I fear that Sierra is going to need it for quite some time yet. On Monday, they are going to bring a physical therapist to start working with Sierra. She is not locking her legs when she is not in her shoes, so she is developing much slower than her sister and it is causing the nurse to be worried a bit. She also is sitting funny. She cocks her head to one side as she sits, lays, and is held in what would be a standing position. They are worried about it.

Hang in there girls, I love you both so much that cry when I talk about it.

Love always,
Mommy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If she is tilting her head in the same way regardless of position you might want to see about taking her to a pediatric eye doctor. I heard about a little boy that had muscle surgery in one of his eyes that corrected his vision and caused him to correct the way he held his head, as he always had it tilted to one side. His muscle was too long in one of his eyes and he was overcorrecting his posture to see straight.

I'm not sure that is what is wrong, it just popped into my head. I hope you all get to feeling better soon! Post more pics! :)