Tuesday, September 30, 2008

After week one of treatment

While it is still hard to see our sweet baby in a cast, we were reaffirmed last Thursday why we are doing this for her. When they took off that cast and put on the next one, it was amazing the progress her feet had made. Even the doctor looked optimistic. He said that if things progress as quick as they did that week, then she might not need surgery after all... GOD I hope so. I really do not want to have to put her through that as well.
They went ahead and put new casts on her feet, and now her feet look like they are backwards.... but it is only an optical illusion.
They are 4 weeks old now. Boy, time sure does fly. They are both getting so big. They still wear some preemie clothes, but they are starting to grow out of them. Soon, I will be putting them in more newborn onesies. Alyssa is growing in length, and Sierra is putting on some chunk. It is so cute to see them as such. I only hope that Alyssa starts putting some meat on. She is one strong baby, and has amazing muscle tone, but I don't like seeing her so skinny. They both eat a lot, they are just putting their weight on differently. Alyssa is looking more and more like her daddy body wise, and me face wise. Sierra seems to be the opposite, looking like her daddy in the face and me in the body. It is neat to see. I am really enjoying seeing us in them.
Girls, keep going strong. Daddy and I love you and are happy that you are home.

No comments: