Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Introducing...

On Thursday, I went into labor at about 8:30 pm. We were admitted to the hospital after our scheduled visit with my doctor.

After continuing to labor and getting evaluated by the doctors, they decided that it was time to meet my daughters. I delivered them at 4:53 and 4:54 pm on Friday via c-section. So, I would like to introduce to you all my precious daughters.



Sierra Dawn Carter. Born: 4:53. 5lbs, 17.2" long






Alyssa Leighanne Carter. Born: 4:54 pm, 4lbs 10.7 oz, 16 1/4"


Unfortunately, they will not be able to come home until about 2 weeks after they were born. They were 6 weeks premature and are receiving help from the wonderful nurses at Integris Southwest to be able to come home. They have a small amount of Jondas that is being treated, and they will need to be able to maintain their body heat, feed on their own, and hold down their food before they will be released. They anticipate their ability to overcome these difficulties in about 2 weeks. I can not wait to be able to bring them home.


Sierra had a small problem with her breathing that she has already overcome. She had to be on a cpac machine that pushed extra air into her lungs when she breathed. She was a little weak from the delivery and was unable to fully fill her lungs at first. Within 48 hours, she was able to do so, and was promptly removed from the machine. She is doing much better, but will still have to meet with an orthopedic surgeon because she has club feet and it will need to be corrected. They have a few options to be able to do so, one is a cast in which they would gradually force her feet to be corrected, they can also do this with a splint. If theses do not work, she will need to undergo surgery to correct them, but they are correctable.


Welcome my sweet daughters. We are so happy to finally meet you, and are looking forward to bringing you home.




2 comments:

mommy to Kaden, Brody and angel Ava said...

Ok Tabby, now I am really confused. I thought it was Sierra who was having the difficulties. I am telling you, I think I am losing my mind.

Anyway, congratulations. They are so cute. Can't wait to meet them!!!

Love,
Amy
XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Kristy Yamaguchi was born with club feet! Look at her now! The little one is going to be just fine!

Stephanie, Colorado